Garrett Harris 2 p.m., May 29
The Westgate Hotel (1055 Second Ave.) hosts Ladies Literary Tea with Luisa Weiss, author of The Wednesday Chef blog, on Saturday, September 22 at 2:30 p.m. Weiss will share stories from her memoir My Berlin Kitchen over traditional afternoon tea with guests.
About the memoir: "Part culinary journal, part love story, this fascinating book is an aromatic chronicle of love, food and finding home. Luisa's fragrant prose will have you longing for her Tomato Bread Soup and smelling her freshly baked Poppy Seed Whirligig Buns. The author's quest for heart and hearth is inspiring and touching and will leave you a deep impression." Tickets are $40 for admission and $69 for admission and a first edition hard cover copy signed by the author.
More like this:
- Shoestring Travel: Berlin — Sept. 28, 2012
- Fall writing conference part 2 — Sept. 25, 2012
- La Jolla Literary Festival — Aug. 26, 2012
- The California Whirlwind, Part One — June 22, 2011
- Frantic Transmissions to and from Los Angeles: An Accidental Memoir — Feb. 23, 2006