Dorian Hargrove 9:31 p.m., May 23
This weekend we visited Mystic Mocha (2105 Mission Ave) in University Heights for coffee and Gladys breakfast burritos stuffed with chorizo, chile, egg, potato, sour cream, and salsa ($7 each). Pancakes, iced coffee drinks, and chilaquiles are equally delicious. The tables inside and outside were all full today.
Afterward, we headed out to Ocean Beach Dog Beach (W Point Loma & Voltaire St). There were probably 250 people or more spread out all over the dog beach today and maybe a third as many dogs or so.
We unleashed the dogs on the sand and took them out into the water. The dog beach provides poop bags and outdoor shower nozzles for rinsing humans and pups off.
Bring a couple tennis balls, lawn chairs, and snacks, and enjoy the warm weather, cool water, and numerous four-legged friends.
More like this:
- A closer look at the trailer for Mama — Sept. 14, 2012
- Were I into making distinctions about favorite cups of coffee.... — Sept. 11, 2012
- Items seized during Balboa water-gun war investigation. — Sept. 5, 2012
- Sausages for sail...! — Sept. 2, 2012
- Run Wild (or Leash-Free) — June 12, 2012