Matthew Lickona 4 p.m., May 26
Santa Surfs into Seaport
Holiday hullabaloo surrounds the arrival of Surfin' Santa today at Seaport Village
Surfin' Santa will sail into Seaport Village (849 West Harbor Drive) this Saturday afternoon, November 24, at 1pm aboard San Diego Yacht Club's Corinthian.
The boardshort-wearing Santa will be greeted in front of Pier Cafe with an ensuing parade along the boardwalk.
He will then hold court alongside a 6-foot wave and larger-than-life surfboard where people will be able to join him on the surfboard to have free photos taken.
“We’re delighted to welcome back our famous Surfin’ Santa at Seaport Village and are honored to be one of the only destinations in the Nation to offer such a unique experience... and capture the spirit of the holidays in warm-weather style” says General Manager of Seaport Village, Terry Hall, on the event's Facebook event page.
If Santa photos aren't your bag, a craft table provided by Scripps' Birch Aquarium will be on hand for Eco-Friendly Ornament Making while roaming musicians will help to create a festive environment.
Surfin' Santa is expected to head back to the North Pole at 5pm, when the event is scheduled to end.
To see photos of last year's event, head over to Seaport Village's Flickr page.
More like this:
- Skate by the sea (and other ways to work off Thanksgiving dinner) — Nov. 23, 2016
- Meet skateboarder Ryan Sheckler at premiere screening of The Motivation on June 13 — June 13, 2013
- It's Just Surfing: art and photography in Barrio Logan — Jan. 18, 2013
- Your Week: November 22-28 — Nov. 20, 2012
- A Kegarade Parade with Tiger!Tiger! — Nov. 3, 2012