Ian Anderson 2 p.m., June 26
- Community Blog
- NP ★
06/21/10 "What's Up?" was the first thing on my mind early last Thursday morning, as I joined the group of the gathered together in the middle of the street. The focus of their attention was the newest addition yet to the RayStArt collection! This particular graphic was done in Bright Silver and it took full advantage of the dark rough asphalt background! The Artist's bold sweeping style was the first thing that caught everyones eye.
Our lively discussion of style, technique and intent was then interrupted again by another fast approaching motorist, who slowed down just enough to give us both their horn & their impressions but sadly not of the graphic, before stepping on the gas leaving all us in swirl of his dust...
As each of us pondered the Artist's intent, one by one the local critics shared their opinions. One muttered, " that's kinda' Sensual" pointing quickly to the way they felt the "body parts" were connected. Another disagreed, saying, "3-2-1", pointing to the numbers that appeared somehow connected to him. "Nope, It's Sci-Fi", said yet another. "Bet it won't last long" another said, his comment had everyone shaking their heads in general agreement; things go fast in North Park's Art District!
More like this:
- Jersey Mike's Coming to Hillcrest — April 6, 2012
- Rocker Chicks Do San Diego, plus Dark Metal, Racist Rock, Christian Goths, Hip-Hop Quest, Rave Culture, Fashionistas, Swing Kids, & more — June 9, 2008
- The Day Bob Dylan Called Me, plus My Best, Worst, and Fave Celeb Interviews Ever — May 30, 2008
- Komplete Kiss Komix Kronicles - Local Company's Kiss Comic Books — Sept. 12, 2007
- Rock 'N' Roll Comics: The Inside Story of a Local Publishing Empire — Sept. 12, 2007