Don Bauder 8 a.m., Oct. 19
Ensenada police officer accidentally shoots self in head
Officer allegedly kills himself while playing with gun off-duty
Police officers were called to the scene of an accidental shooting in Ensenada on Monday, January 21st, slightly after midnight. When officers arrived at the private residence they found an off-duty municipal police officer, Fernando Enciso Contreras, dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
Two witnesses at the home, one whom is also a police officer and owner of the residence, claim that the victim pulled the gun playfully from his pants and accidentally discharged it aiming at his head.
Baja state police and prosecutors are investigating the case as a possible homicide.
More like this:
- Man gets $1.5 million in accidental police shooting — July 6, 2017
- Are our cops really this bad? — March 3, 2015
- Nobody hurt at Southwestern College — Aug. 30, 2013
- Drawing Guns at High Noon (or at half time of an NBA game) — Jan. 3, 2010
- Gun Control — March 27, 2008