Over $1 million worth of cocaine seized at San Ysidro
A large cocaine seizure was recorded over the weekend at the San Ysidro port of entry when a man tried to smuggle the narcotics into the United States hidden in a propane tank. A 39 year old United States citizen, who had the tank strapped onto his Ford truck, was arrested after Customs and Border Protection agents x-rayed the vehicle.
The cocaine weighed out at 133 pounds. The narcotics are estimated by agents to be worth around $1.4 million dollars.
More like this:
- Recent big Border Patrol busts of Mexican drugs — Nov. 21, 2013
- Border agents make big seizure at Otay Mesa — Aug. 27, 2013
- Border agents seize millions in narcotics at San Ysidro and Otay Mesa port of entries — July 8, 2013
- Pennsylvania woman makes plea bargain in “coochie” smuggle case — May 22, 2013
- Big border busts — Dec. 12, 2012