Gunshots Fired During Home Invasion Robbery Near Imperial Beach
The San Diego Police have confirmed that shots were fired during an attempted home invasion robbery in the Nestor neighborhood Tuesday morning November 20. The invasion occurred in the 1000 block of 15th St. at the city limits between Imperial Beach and San Diego. According to San Diego Police Lt. Darryl Hoover, a suspect broke into the home while the owner was inside. The home owner fired two warning shots in the air and then scuffled with the victim. The suspect was injured during the scuffle and ran off towards a nearby apartment complex. Responding officers set up a perimeter and followed a blood trail to a studio apartment at 1060 15th street where a suspect was taken into custody. The home owner, a young military man declined to talk to the media on the advice of his command.
More like this:
- Robbery Suspects Chased from Ocean Beach to Point Loma — Dec. 16, 2010
- Search for Home Invasion Suspect Leads Police to Imperial Beach Home — Oct. 26, 2010
- Rowdy’s End Point — Dec. 2, 2009
- Shooting in I.B. — Feb. 12, 2009
- Deadly Night in Imperial Beach — Oct. 31, 2007