Scott Marks 2:05 p.m., May 23
Dumanis Lifts Her Plan Word for Word
Mayoral candidate and district attorney Bonnie Dumanis, who yesterday (March 14) released a plan to improve City operations, seems to have plagiarized much of it from the County's General Management System Manual, says Erik Bruvold, president of National University System Institute for Policy Research.
"She plagiarized word for word, page after page, from the county's document," he says. To be sure, in releasing her plan, Dumanis acknowledged that it was currently utilized by the County of San Diego.
She claimed she successfully implemented the plan when she was first elected DA in 2003. But that doesn't excuse her copying it now, says Bruvold: "Plagiarism isn't a crime but it does get you an F in college," he says.
Pictured: Bonnie Dumanis
More like this:
- CityBeat reporter deems Dumanis claim "not credible" — Jan. 27, 2014
- In debt to self for failed mayoral bid, San Diego District Attorney already raising 2014 re-election cash — Feb. 4, 2013
- Bonnie Dumanis kicks off campaign for fourth-term as District Attorney — Feb. 4, 2013
- Dumanis Releases Plan for City Hall Accountability — March 14, 2012
- Bonnie Dumanis Is Their Pawn — April 14, 2005