Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Oct. 23
Bill Lerach Hosting Sherri Lightner Fundraiser
La Jolla Democrats like Bill Lerach.
And he likes them.
That's at least one conclusion to be drawn from an email sent to supporters by the camapign committee for District One city councilwoman Sheri Lightner.
"SAVE THE DATE for a Cocktail Reception To Support San Diego City Councilmember Sherri Lightner and her 2012 re-election campaign," says the invite to the February 2 event, to be held at Lerach's ocean-view mansion on La Jolla Farms Road.
$100 is the suggested minimum contribution, with $500 suggested to be a designated host.
"Contributions limited to $500 per individual or $1,000 for spouses with both signatures on the check."
As previously noted here, Lerach, a famous plaintiffs' lawyer who did time in federal prison after a copping a plea in a kickback case, played host in December to a holiday fundraiser for La Jolla Democrats.
More like this:
- Don we now our pol apparel — Dec. 4, 2013
- Non-Partisan Political Action Committee with a Partisan History to Host Dumanis Fundraiser — April 30, 2012
- Filner Sets Fundraiser at Oceanview Mansion of Once Imprisoned La Jolla Lawyer — April 28, 2012
- Democrats Put Almost $50,000 Behind Filner's Bid for Mayor — March 21, 2012
- Democrats to Stage Fundraising Bash at Lerach Estate — Nov. 18, 2011