Don Bauder 3 p.m., Nov. 23
Local Firm Takes Marijuana Sodas, Snacks National
Locally based Medical Marijuana Inc. is announcing another acquisition, this time of named and established brand. The company announced yesterday the acquisition of “all intellectual property, research and development, formulas and recipes” of Colorado-based Dixie Elixirs & Edibles.
Dixie, formed in Denver in 2009, markets marijuana-infused snack foods and sodas throughout Colorado, as well as a line of body oils and lotions and a line of “extraordinarily-concentrated” marijuana extract available in pill form called Dixie Scrips.
Dixie’s former owners will partner with Medical Marijuana Inc. to form the marketing and licensing company Red Dice Holdings LLC, which they intend to use to expand the Dixie brand to all states nationwide that currently permit the use of cannabis for medical purposes.
More like this:
- Medical Marijuana, Inc., sued — May 6, 2015
- Spike in income, profits for local marijuana-focused company — Jan. 23, 2013
- Local Firm Purchases Rights to Patented Cannabis Ingestion Method — April 4, 2012
- Medical Marijuana Inc. Reports Jump in Revenue — Feb. 6, 2012
- Marijuana Extract Pills Coming to Market — July 11, 2011