Raider Icahn Sues Biotech Amylin
Billionaire corporate raider Carl Icahn, who owns 8.94% of local biotech Amylin Pharmaceuticals, sued Amylin today (April 9) in Delaware to block the company from enforcing a bylaw that effectively thwarts a proxy fight that could result in a takeover. Among other things, Icahn charges that Amylin failed to reveal a takeover bid from Bristol-Myers-Squibb valuing the stock at $22 a share. When news of the bid became public recently, Amylin stock shot up. Today it closed at $23.72, down 1.66%.
More like this:
- Amylin Seeking Buyer — April 23, 2012
- Amylin Loses Two Board Seats, but Won't Reincorporate in North Dakota — May 27, 2009
- Icahn, Other Big Shareholders Want Amylin's Chairman Cook to Step Down — April 15, 2009
- North Dakota Relocation? Amylin, Biogen Idec Shivering at Prospect — Feb. 20, 2009
- Three-Way Battle for Control of Biotech Amylin Looks Possible — Feb. 2, 2009