Garrett Harris 2 p.m., May 29
Benjamin 4th Arellano Félix Brother to Receive Prison Time
Benjamin Arellano Félix, the former leader of the Tijuana Cartel, received a 25-year prison sentence today in federal court in San Diego. UT San Diego reported today that 25 years was the likely sentence after Benjamin had plead guilty to racketeering and money laundering charges in January.
Benjamin is the second oldest of seven brothers. He is the 4th to receive prison time. The oldest brother, Francisco Rafael, served 15 years in prison and is now free. A younger brother, Ramon, was killed by police in Mexico. Brothers Eduardo and Francisco Javier are currently serving prison terms.
The two remaining brothers, who have not been convicted or killed, are not wanted by law enforcement agencies in the United States.
More like this:
- Francisco Rafael Arellano Félix...Clowns shot him! — Oct. 22, 2013
- Eduardo Arellano Félix receives 15 year prison sentence — Aug. 19, 2013
- DEA official claims Arellano Félix Organization dead, despite current activity in Tijuana — May 29, 2013
- Despite news reports, Eduardo not the last remaining Arellano Félix brother — Sept. 1, 2012
- Report: Arellano-Félix Organization Still Runs Baja — June 20, 2012