Planning Group To Discuss New Hillcrest DMV...
On Tuesday, September 6, members of Uptown's planning group will discuss the upcoming development of a new DMV building on Normal Street. The facility, if approved, will be a joint development project between the State and private developer Lankford and Associates. The joint venture came as a result of a 2008 bill sponsored by State Senator Christine Kehoe.
The agreement has Lankford and Associates leasing the site at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Normal Street for 65-years in exchange for allowing the developer to build a larger facility with underground parking, rental housing, and retail space, in addition to a 19,000 square foot DMV building.
During the meeting, and at a meeting the following month, planning group members and the public will hear details about the development and, according to a newsletter from Christine Kehoe's office, "understand how this new facility will improve their DMV customer experience and be an asset to the neighborhood."
More like this:
- Hillcrest DMV plan makes friends of enemies — Feb. 20, 2019
- DMV building doesn't fit the neighborhood — Sept. 7, 2018
- Normal Heights park starvation anniversary — Nov. 10, 2017
- Coastal Commission set to approve revamped Lane Field redevelopment project — Jan. 28, 2013
- Hillcrest DMV Parking Lot Open After Hours — Oct. 7, 2010