Scott Marks 3:09 p.m., June 23
DeMaio Filing: $541,990 Includes $2000 from Molasky Family
GOP candidate for San Diego mayor and city councilman Carl DeMaio raised a total of $541,990 during the first half of the year, according to his campaign disclosure filing posted online today by the city clerk.
Total expenditures were listed as $90,593.48, with cash payments of $26,286.99 and unpaid bills of $61,266.20. Cash balance at the end of the period was $515,703.43.
Big donations included $500 each on June 22 from four members of the Molasky family of Las Vegas, including family patriarch Irwin Molasky.
As we've reported, DeMaio's office has been working closely with Molasky's company to push forward with an FBI headquarters building Molasky is developing in Sorrento Valley.
Molasky, a former associate of the late mob figure Moe Dalitz, was an original partner in the La Costa resort, and was a plaintiff in that firm's libel suit against Penthouse magazine in the 1970s.
Update: An additional $1500 was contributed on June 22 by three Molasky employees with Las Vegas addresses.
More like this:
- Mobster's associate Molasky fuels DeMaio's dreams — Aug. 2, 2013
- Anti-Filner campaign fund picks up $403,900 from apartment owners, contractors, lobbyists — Oct. 8, 2012
- Las Vegas developer linked to late mobster puts yet more campaign cash into San Diego GOP — Oct. 2, 2012
- Storied Mobster's Associate Gives Big to Prop B and DeMaio Campaigns — May 30, 2012
- Molasky's San Diego FBI Building Breaks Ground — Oct. 27, 2011