The American Jungle filming live at Ruby Room
Hillcrest venue hosts Hybris, Sub Killaz, and DJ EVLO for filming of documentary on North American drum and bass.
San Diego’s drum and bass/jungle scene has caught the attention of filmmakers behind The American Jungle, a feature-length documentary that explores U.S. and Canadian subcultures spawned by a high-energy, Amen-break-based genre of electronic dance music that originated in London around 1992.
On Saturday, May 18, The American Jungle will be filming at The Ruby Room (1271 University Ave. – Hillcrest) to document the multi-genre EDM monthly SD Union, a drum and bass-centric event hosted by MC Ridda, Subliminal Sound System, and Ruby’s Sean Cute, a.k.a. junglist DJ Hannibal Selektor.
The night features Prague-via-DC headliner Hybris - a MetalHeadz and Dispatch artist formerly known as Robot Death Squad - who has collaborated with drum and bass dignitaries such as Noisia and Rido to create dark sci-fi beatscapes fit for the weirdest of cyberpunk acid visions.
Local’s Sub Killaz (Soundwaves, Organized Grime) and DJ EVLO (Organized Grime) will be on deck to rep the SD scene.
Show starts at 9 - $10 at the door.
More like this:
- SD Union birthday party with Photek — Sept. 28, 2013
- SD Union three-year anniversary with Total Science and Gridlok — Aug. 13, 2013
- Dragon Lounge: future jungle birthday party — April 26, 2013
- Future jungle and glitch stompers at Dragon Lounge — Oct. 16, 2012
- I Cry Drum and Bass — Jan. 19, 2011