Shit Memes Say
The “Shit (any classification of people you can think of)s Say” internet meme recently went crayzar with the viral popularity of the “Shit Girls Say” series, which features celebrity appearances and a dude in drag reciting lines that (some) girls do, in fact, say.
With over 11.5 million views in the past month, the YouTube sensation spurred a slew of spin-offs ranging from obnoxious to awesome, including “Shit Southern Gay Guys Say” (enigmatic), “Shit Fat People Say” (meh), “Shit Yogis Say” (accurate), “Shit Hipsters Say” (flop), “Shit Asians Say” (racist), “Shit New Age Guys Say” (too accurate), and, my personal favorite, “Shit New Age Girls Say.”
I simply love girls who say shit new age girls say.
Yesterday, Belly Up Tavern affiliates Beau Doiron (BFD Shows promoter) and Meryl Klemow (marketing) posted “Shit People Say at Concerts”, effectively casting the “Shit (…)s Say” formula to the virtual wayside but accruing over 200 views in the first 24 hours, regardless.
“We saw the ‘Shit Girls Say’ video and decided to strike while the iron is hot,” says Doiron. “The next day we went to the Belly Up and shot it. We asked the employees that night what they get asked a lot but it was mostly all improv while the camera was rolling.”
Now, let me in. I know the owner.
More like this:
- Harlem Shake felt throughout San Diego — March 7, 2013
- The Electric Healing Sound's Debut Video - "Tangled Up" — May 8, 2012
- Allegations of Police Brutality at Occupy San Diego — Jan. 2, 2012
- The Resurgence of Indie Labels at San Diego Music Thing — Sept. 11, 2011
- Will Reese Witherspoon Succumb to the Generation-Award Curse? — June 6, 2011