Its All in the Enunciation
Local folk-rocker Astra Kelly has been the voice of commercials for outfits such as Starbucks, Motel 6, Southwest Airlines, and the American Diabetes Foundation, to name a few. From 2007 to 2009, she hosted the Homegrown Show on KPRI radio.
“Plus,” she says, “I’ve voiced a ton of stuff for a plastic surgery company. They like me because I'm great at reading medical terms and other big words without even knowing what the heck they mean.”
The three-time San Diego Music Awards nominee is putting the finishing touches on her sixth CD, which is scheduled for release July 1 at the Soda Bar. Gayle Skidmore and Endoxi also perform.
More like this:
- Astra Kelly's horrific dating story — Sept. 27, 2018
- Astra's ex and a drunken text — Sept. 17, 2015
- Astra Kelly Debuting Torch Song Concept Album Sept. 7 at House of Blues — Sept. 1, 2012
- Astra Kelly Trading Rock For Torch Songs On New Concept Album — July 21, 2012
- Capricorn Studio Local Band Comp Release Nov. 16 @ The Griffin — Nov. 13, 2011