La Jolla 5th Most Expensive Home Market in Nation
According to a Coldwell Banker report released today (Sept. 22), La Jolla is the fifth most expensive residential real estate market in the nation. Coldwell toted up average prices for 4 bedroom, 2 bath homes in 300 markets between February and August. Most expensive average price was Newport Beach in Orange County at $1.83 million. Second was Palo Alto ($1.48 million), followed by Rye, NY ($1.33 million), San Francisco ($1.33 million), La Jolla ($1.21 million) and Greenwich, Conn. (1.2 million). The lowest average prices? Detroit was at the bottom at $68,007. Cleveland at $87,240 and Kansas City, Missouri, at $112,449 were also in the bottom ten.
More like this:
- House poor, data rich — April 16, 2015
- Rancho Santa Fe among 10 most expensive neighborhoods — Nov. 6, 2012
- San Diego Tenth Most Expensive City — Sept. 30, 2011
- Home Prices May Have Bottomed. But... — April 21, 2011
- La Jolla Now Has Nation's Most Expensive Homes, According to New Study — Sept. 10, 2008