Joseph O'Brien 10 p.m., Sept. 20
Partnoy Quoted in Great Movie "Inside Job"
Frank Partnoy, University of San Diego law professor and international expert on derivatives, is quoted several times in the excellent movie, "Inside Job," a documentary which relates in clear terms the rape of American citizens by the big banks and their friends in government. Among other things, the movie explains what derivatives are all about, tells how the large banks control politicians of both parties, and tells in graphic terms how the richest 1% have corralled a huge percentage of both wealth and national income, thanks to favoritism from Washington. The movie shows how wealth of the superrich has zoomed while wealth and income of most of the rest of Americans have stagnated or declined. Partnoy came to San Diego in the late 1990s shortly after he his book, F-I-A-S-C-O, the first real expose on derivatives, was published. I recommend this movie to everyone.
More like this:
- USD’s Frank Partnoy might scare you — Sept. 2, 2015
- Derivatives Regulation Proposal Leaves Huge Loophole, Says Partnoy — May 15, 2009
- Arthur Levitt — Again — April 15, 2009
- USD's Partnoy Says Government Should Buy Actual Mortgage Loans, not Derivatives — Sept. 27, 2008
- If Only Bankers Had Brains — Feb. 6, 2008