Judge Confirms Ruling; Sanders Must Give Deposition
Superior Court Judge John S. Meyer confirmed today (July 9) his tentative ruling of yesterday. In the matter of Kessler vs. San Diego, Mayor Jerry Sanders must give a deposition. The City argued that the mayor should be exempted, but Meyer said that Sanders had personal factual information on the material issue. Scott Kessler was fired from the City after giving information to the FBI and a San Diego police detective on alleged corruption involving Marco Li Mandri, a political insider, and felon Joe Mannino. The detailed study of corruption put together by the two investigators was handed to the district attorney, who never pursued the case.
More like this:
- Judge Permits Channel 10 to Use Videotape of Sanders Deposition in Kessler Case — Oct. 19, 2010
- Tentative Ruling: Judge Won't Throw Out Kessler Suit — Oct. 14, 2010
- City Wants Kessler Suit Thrown Out — Oct. 13, 2010
- Kessler v. City of San Diego: Hall's Report of Hearing Action — July 10, 2010
- Tentative Ruling: Sanders Must Give Deposition — July 8, 2010