Roski Wants to Buy Bills or Jags Outright, or Parts of Other Teams Such as Chargers
Los Angeles billionaire Ed Roski Jr., who says he will build a 75,000 seat, $800 million stadium in City of Industry, wants to buy the Buffalo Bills or Jacksonville Jaguars, one of his executives said yesterday (Jan. 5). Both of those small-market teams have had trouble attracting fans. However, their owners have said they didn't want to sell or relocate, but these pronouncements may just be negotiating ploys. If he can't buy those teams, Roski says he would like part of the equity of the San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers and St. Louis Rams, who would relocate to his planned L.A. area stadium. Roski hopes to make an announcement before the Feb. 7 Super Bowl. Roski says he hasn't contacted any teams or made any formal offers.
More like this:
- Fabiani goes to work for casino billionaire — Dec. 24, 2015
- Goodell Shuts Door on NFL Teams Moving — Feb. 3, 2012
- Roski Catching Flak for Political Gifts — Feb. 4, 2010
- City of Industry to Vote Jan. 20 on $500 Million Infrastructure Bond that Would Serve Planned New Stadium — Dec. 27, 2008
- San Diego Is Chargers' Problem — Aug. 6, 2008