Qualcomm Stock Belted after Profit Report
Investors are shooting down stock of telecom superstar Qualcomm in after-hours trading (1.29 p.m.) The stock is down 6.76%% to $39.75. During regular trading, it had been down 1.52% to $42.63. After the close, Qualcomm reported second quarter earnings of 46 cents a share, up from a loss of 18 cents a share in the same quarter a year ago. Revenues rose to $2.7 billion from $2.45 billion a year ago. However, Wall Street had expected earnings per share of 57 cents. The selloff reflects that disappointment.
More like this:
- Qualcomm Earnings Jump; Stock Plunges on Guidance — April 18, 2012
- Qualcomm Reports Great Earnings, Helps Lift Market — April 20, 2011
- Qualcomm Lowers Forecast; Stock Plunges 9% — Jan. 27, 2010
- Qualcomm Disappoints Wall Street in Third Quarter — July 22, 2009
- Qualcomm Reports Profit Drop, Gives Disappointing Forecast. Stock Hit — Nov. 6, 2008