Rate of Home Price Declines Continues Dropping
San Diego home values rose 0.9% from August to September, according to the Case-Shiller index published by Standard & Poor's. Prices had risen 1.6% from July to August. San Diego values are now down only 5.7% for the year. Of the top 20 markets, five are doing better than San Diego. The rest are doing worse. This is a substantial improvement. At the beginning of the year, San Diego's declines were consistently among the handful of the worst in the country.
More like this:
- San Diego Slipping Faster than Nation — Oct. 11, 2011
- Home Values in San Diego, Other Metro Areas Decline — Dec. 28, 2010
- San Diego Home Values Dropped in September — Nov. 30, 2010
- San Diego Home Prices Drop in August — Oct. 26, 2010
- San Diego Home Prices Rose in August; Values Down 38.7% from Peak — Oct. 27, 2009