Biotech's Share Offering Stumbles
Arena Pharmaceuticals, a San Diego biotech, today (July 8) offered 12.5 million shares priced at $4.17 each. The stock had closed at $4.67 Tuesday, so the offering price was at an almost 11% discount from the previous day. But this morning, Arena shares have plunged to $4.04. Arena had 80 million shares outstanding May 6. The offering raises the count by 15.6%.
More like this:
- Sluggish: Arena Pharmaceuticals, Therapeutics, Apricus, Innovus — Dec. 31, 2014
- Biotech to Sell Stock below Market. So Stock Plunges — March 24, 2011
- Amylin Shares Plunge 10.28 Percent; Diabetes Drug Byetta Comes Up Short — April 21, 2008
- Does the pounding of tech stocks mean bubble is over? — Nov. 29, 2007
- Get a Huge Bump, Make Millions — May 22, 2003