Grand Jury Tells CCDC To Stop Claiming It Funds Redevelopment Projects
The 2007/2008 San Diego County Grand Jury today (June 2) recommended to Centre City Development Corp. (CCDC) that it stop claiming that it funds redevelopment projects. It should state that it is an agent for the City Redevelopment Agency. City council is the legislative body for the agency. The grand jury cited several examples of CCDC claiming it had shelled out funds of its own for projects. In a 2007 brochure CCDC said it funded five projects. It should have said it "brokered" the projects, says the grand jury. In another instance CCDC said it "purchased" a site when in fact it belonged to the redevelopment agency.
More like this:
- San Diego Joins the Statewide Race for Redevelopment — Jan. 31, 2011
- Brown's Redevelopment Proposal, If Passed, Could Whack Corporate Welfare — Jan. 10, 2011
- Redevelopment Agency to Spend Half a Million on Blight Study — June 26, 2010
- Fraud, CCDC, SEDC, and the not-so-controlling parent CSDRA (AKA San Diego City Council) — Sept. 12, 2008
- County Grand Jury recommends consolidation of CCDC, SEDC into single redevelopment agency — Sept. 10, 2008