Real Estate Developers Lining Pols' Pockets for 2008 Elections
Real estate developers have already plunked $228,345 behind 2008 City candidates -- by far the largest amount among various industries. This is according to a study by the Center on Policy Initiatives. The study is of donations through the end of December, reported Jan. 31. Developers have given $90,803 to Mayor Jerry Sanders and none to opponent Steve Francis, who is not taking special interest money. High tech/biotech has given $23,060 to Sanders; tourism has given him $21,773. In the city attorney race, developers have given $3,650 to Jan Goldsmith and $400 to Mike Aguirre. In District 5, developers have given $49,970, and $46,970 of it has gone to Carl DeMaio. In District 7, developers have given $40,851 -- three-fourths to April Boling and the rest to Marti Emerald.
More like this:
- The Snapdragon Stadium Gambit — Jan. 11, 2012
- Solar Trains Hired Guns on Loft Project — Jan. 9, 2012
- Council to Consider Kessler Settlement — Nov. 11, 2011
- The Golden Boy of SD Developers Todd Gloria Announces Re-Election Bid — June 20, 2011
- Jerry Sanders Is Susan Golding In Drag — April 26, 2007