San Diego Home Prices Back to Levels of March '03, Down 36% from '05 Peak
According to Standard & Poor's Case-Shiller data released this morning (Tues. Dec. 30), San Diego home prices in October were back to their levels of March of '03. San Diego existing homes have now dropped 36.4 percent from their peak in November of '05. In October of this year, local prices were down 3 percent from September. Only four of the nation's 20 largest metro areas had larger declines in that one-month span. The biggest loss was Detroit at minus 4.5 percent. Over the last 12-month period, between October of this year and October of last year, San Diego prices were down 26.7 percent. Only five metro areas did worse. The biggest drop was Phoenix at minus 32.7 percent.
More like this:
- SD Housing Values Down 38.5% from Peak — May 31, 2011
- Local Home Prices Continue Dropping — May 26, 2009
- San Diego Home Prices Down 38 Percent from Peak Three Years Ago — Jan. 27, 2009
- San Diego Single Family Home Prices Have Now Plunged 30 Percent from Their 2005 Peak — Aug. 26, 2008
- San Diego Home Prices Now Back to October '03 Levels. Prices Decline in May, but at Slower Pace — July 29, 2008