- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Boy is First Baby of Year; Celebrating New Year, Man Dies of Bronchial-Aspiration
Boy is First Baby of Year (EL MEXICANO, 1/1/13)
Tijuana, BC - A boy weighing 3 kilos and 40 grams was the first baby of the new year born at the General Hospital. The birth occurred at 1:39 a.m. by a caesarean section without major complications for either the mother or child.
Celia Atilano Rodrigo, 27, and Jesús Antonio Espinoza are the parents. They said they will feel very happy once they leave the hospital and go home to celebrate the event. "We had no opportunity to have dinner last night, there was no opportunity, how important it is that all went well," said the happy father of the baby, which will bear the name Jesús Andrés Espinoza. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estatal/2013/01/01/640034/varon-el-primer-bebe-del-ano.aspx
Celebrating New Year, Man Dies of Bronchial-Aspiration (EL MEXICANO, 1/1/13 by SAID BETANZOS)
TIJUANA, BC - A 48-year-old man died while he slept on New Year’s Eve after having dinner and drinking alcohol. Minutes before midnight, a family that lives in del Terrazas del Valle brought the victim in a private car to the El Refugio fire station.
There paramedics tried resuscitating the man, but he had died. According to survivors, he was consuming alcohol, dined and then fell asleep. "They explained they heard snoring and then when they saw him breathing badly, they took him the station", but by when they arrived, he had died, said a firefighter who asked not be identified.
To diagnose the man's death by bronchial-aspiration, an Agent of the Public Prosecutor's Office came to attest to the facts and the transfer the corpse to the Semefo.
Also, In the eastern area of the city, 22 fires were reported with six people injured, as well as three more fires in colonias Alemán, Ciudad Jardín and Guaycura. http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estatal/2013/01/01/640035/muere-al-festejar-el-ano-nuevo.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tecate Professor Commits Suicide; Body of Executed Man Discovered — Jan. 17, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Search for 59,313 New BC Jobs in 2013; Woman Dies from Hit and Run on Insurgents — Jan. 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Pediatric Cancer Center Will Double Capacity; Councilor Invites Community to Hear Report — Jan. 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rommel Moreno Purges PGJE; Man Dies of Hypothermia — Jan. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Dogs Bite Couple; Vehicle Kills Octogenarian — Dec. 29, 2012