Dave Good 7 p.m., May 24
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: Deported Family of 3 Spends New Year’s Eve in Mexicali; She Has Hope for a Different New Year
Deported Family of 3 Spends New Year’s Eve in Mexicali (El Cronica, 12/31/12 by Saul D.Martinez)
MEXICALI, BC – With no expectations of what will be their next step, a man, his wife and son of just 8 years old, all originally from Oaxaca, were deported on December 31 through Mexicali where they will spend the start of 2013.
Martín Hernández García, 32, had crossed illegally into United States where he settled with his family in the city of San Francisco, California.
Both he and his wife, Isabel Martínez Merino, 31, were working in the fields, while his son Briseño Hernández Martínez, 8, lived in a house, which they rented. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/31122012/655295.aspx
She Has Hope for a Different New Year (El Cronica, 12/31/12 by Saul D.Martinez)
MEXICALI, BC - Lidia Arvizu Reza, a 27-year-old single mother, begins 2013 in a different way by ensuring the health of her son, 5 months of age, who since December 27, remains in a hospital because of a bout of bronchitis.
With a positive attitude, while waiting on the outskirts of Social Insurance Clinic 31, the doctors call her to report the state of health of her son, who also had initial signs of pneumonia.
Her mother, Elba Reza, 52, brought fast food and helps with washing clothes and blankets for her small grandson, which also gives some free time to Lydia so she can go to take a bath.
"We prefer to be here, knowing that the child is under medical care, in a place with a pleasant climate and to be without any fear that if it becomes serious again at home, we can come running back to the hospital," says Lidia. http://www.lacronica.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/31122012/655280.aspx
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Neighbors Indicate Presence of Dogs at Deceased Child's School; Man Found Shot in the Head — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Soles de Mexicali Delivers Gifts to Children's Hostel; Classes Suspended by Cold — Jan. 12, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Citizens Group Brings Food to Those With Less; Couple Injured in Rollover Accident — Dec. 23, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Young Man Dies From Apparent Overdose; Cachanillas Make Last-Minute Purchases — Dec. 23, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Fire Damages 3 Buildings in Balbuena; Parents Warned of Sexual Abuse at Primary School — Nov. 28, 2012