DJ Stevens 8 a.m., June 28
- Community Blog
“There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.” So reads the sign on the door of Harborside School on Kettner Boulevard at A Street. This week, the door opened and let in the demolition team. Very soon, the school building will be no more and another Five Star parking lot will take its place.
The private school for kindergarten through eighth grade ran out of funds in May 2007 after only 11 years of operation. The building has remained empty since then.
The walls and railings on Ash and Kettner will not be demolished.
More like this:
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Downtown in A Blink — Sept. 6, 2010
- More Rooftop Shots — April 4, 2010
- Downtown Sways — April 4, 2010