On the street (named after me) where you live
Here we have the quiet little intersection of Scott & Jarvis. Located in Des Plaines, Illinois, the crossroads are tucked away off the main highway. As you see, it's perfectly harmless looking, when in fact, it is has come to be known that one of the streets is named after someone we all know and love.
That's right, star of Cold Turkey and TV's Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Graham Jarvis!
Would you believe Edwin Jarvis?
Jervis Hair Tonic, for that Ernie Grimm groom?
But seriously, ladies and hermaphrodites, Scott Street in Des Plaines was named in my honor. My late uncle Julius 'Julie' Cohen was a real estate gansa macher. In the early '60's he helped to build and sell housing properties in the Chicago suburb. There's also a Pearl Street and David Place named after my aunt and cousin.
Not unlike my life, Scott Street dead-ends.
More like this:
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- Dead movie theatres: Downtown Los Angeles edition — June 25, 2013
- **[email protected]@K** RARE VINTAGE RETRO CLASSIC OZU WIFE-BEATER T-SHIRT - CHEAP **[email protected]@K** — June 18, 2013
- Trailer Park: Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street — June 17, 2013
- A gallery of 33 vintage posters from Hollywood's Golden Age of cartoons — June 12, 2013