Garrett Harris 2 p.m., May 29
Torrey Pines (La Jolla) Rotary Club raffling off tickets to Comic-Con
A 1 in 6,500 chance to win
Ten bucks, one-tenth of a Frankiln, could net you a pair of tickets to this year's Comic-Con.
That's all it will cost to purchase a raffle ticket from Torrey Pines (La Jolla) Rotary Foundation to win two passes to Comic-Con Preview Night and a pair of 4-day passes for Comic-Con 2013.
Only 6,500 raffle tickets will be sold and the folks at the Rotary Foundation are thinking they're going to move quickly.
To purchase raffle tickets, print out the raffle ticket order form and FAX or mail it, along with your check or credit card information to: Torrey Pines (La Jolla) Rotary Foundation, P.O. Box 927024, San Diego, CA 92192.
My first thought was FAX? Who still uses a FAX machine? Haven't they heard of PayPal? Then I read the fine print: " By law, online raffle ticket sales cannot be accepted; any funds received other than by FAX or mail will be considered contributions to our Foundation."
The drawing will be held on March 13, 2013.
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 1 Photo Report: Local lights & men in tights — Oct. 4, 2013
- The Inquisitive Tongue: Nanette Wiser's Good Dish — Feb. 25, 2013
- Live music at old school Comic Fest, Oct. 19 - 21 @ Town and Country Resort — Oct. 17, 2012
- Comic Fest Oct. 19- 21: '70s Comic Con founders launch new/old convention — Oct. 15, 2012
- Biggest Movie Event of the Weekend Has Nothing to Do With Comic-Con — July 11, 2012