Barbarella Fokos 9:30 a.m., Nov. 19
Welcome, meet my parents
UC-San Diego is screening the 1989 surrealist comedy/horror film Parents on Thursday, September 27, on the East Lawn of Price Center for free. The film is set in the 1950s in a suburban neighborhood where a ten-year-old boy begins to suspect his parents are cannibals.
"There is nothing like a healthy dose of fear and fresh air to take our minds off of the ordinary... A precocious ten-year-old has all his heart desires, including a great dinner every night. But soon he questions where all the 'leftovers' come from and discovers that his dad is bringing home much more than the bacon! Bring a blanket and experience this Independent Spirit Award nominee out in the open air," states the site page. The film will begin at 8 p.m.
More like this:
- Celebrity Yarmulkes — Oct. 1, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey — Sept. 20, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Mama — Sept. 14, 2012
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade — Sept. 12, 2012
- Review: Branded — Sept. 11, 2012