Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Nov. 20
3D TV? Someone tell Ralph Kramden the wait is over
My heart goes out to Danny Baldwin, friend, colleague, and recent purchaser of a 3D TV.
He posted the following on his Facebook wall earlier today: "Pretty sure 3D TV was a bad omen. First the clouding issue that has caused me to send the TV back, now the dog eats the $60 pair of glasses."
Jake LaMotta should pay a visit and eat your dog for breakfast. You hear me, Danny?
If only Ralph Kramden had lived long enough to see the day that NASA could actually send Alice to the moon. You see, Kramden, the Nostradamus of the Gotham Bus Company, was the first to introduce me to the concept of 3D TV.
Always quick on the uptake, young master Baldwin hammered home the generational divide by countering with, "But what does Cedric the Entertainer think of 3-D television?"
More like this:
- U-T’s Taylor Baldwin on Filner: “He made me feel cheap” — July 14, 2013
- Hunger Games Biggest Grossing Non-Sequel Ever to Debut at Midnight — March 23, 2012
- Feature: Local Company 3D Film Factory Looks to the Future — Aug. 31, 2011
- Local Premiere: The Super Dentists Strike Back — Aug. 19, 2011
- Dad, Do You Have to Smoke? — Sept. 24, 2008