Jay Allen Sanford 1 p.m., May 24
A Closer Look at the Trailer for Magic Mike
Thanks to The Vow and 21 Jump Street, Channing Tatum is this year's big star. Now we're getting Magic Mike, in which he plays a male stripper. The part is a good fit for him, because he used to be, you know, a male stripper.
I don't know if there's going to be a press junket for this one, but if there were, I would ask Mr. Tatum about the verisimilitude between his clientele from back in the day and the film's depiction of club patrons:
I mean, it is certainly by no means impossible that beautiful women should decide that the best way to get their kicks is to go gawk at some gyrating beefcake, but just listen to Matthew "Dude, Where's My Shirt" McConaughey's speech to his chiseled charge...
"You are the husband they never had..."
"You are the dreamboat guy that never came along..."
Anyway, all that is not really the point. The point, Charlie, is that Mr. McConaughey designed some "special" pants for his role, and rumor has it that those pants are assless chaps.
Which allows me to break out this old chestnut I just made up: How is Matthew McConaughey like a girl who digs skinny Brits? They're both into assless chaps.
More like this:
- Sandler v. Apatow on middle age — April 3, 2013
- A few more casting possibilities for Johnny Depp's Don Quixote — Dec. 6, 2012
- New Footage Unearthed of Channing Tatum Boning Up for Magic Mike Role — June 25, 2012
- No Word Yet on the Gaultier Slave Leia Ensemble — April 26, 2012
- If I Cast the The 3 Stooges — April 9, 2012