Ian Anderson 9:30 a.m., Nov. 23
So, What Are You Doing Tonight?
If you answered anything besides, "Going to see The Big Sleep at Cinema Under the Stars," well, then I guess you aren't interested in seeing the the violence-screen's all time rocker-shocker.
Violence, I tell you! Drugs! Wild debutantes! Pornography! Blackmail! Outre sexuality! Descriptors like "outre"! And more double-entendres regarding racehorses than you could drown in a double martini! (If that last sentence didn't make sense, you're overthinking it. Just go. It's Howard Hawks doing film noir based on Raymond Chandler with tinkering from William Faulkner and starring Bogey and Bacall. What more do you need?)
And just because it'll give Mr. Marks the fits, here's a link to a nasty colorized version of the racehorse chat. Rest assured that what goes up on the screen tonight will be in glorious black-and-white: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glmdhH3aOug
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: The Act of Killing, In A World... and more — Aug. 16, 2013
- So What Are You Doing Tonight? Memorial Day Edition — May 28, 2012
- So what are you doing tonight? — Sept. 29, 2011
- So, What Are You Doing Tonight? — Sept. 8, 2011
- So, What Are You Doing Tonight? — July 1, 2011