Various Authors 4:09 p.m., May 27
X-Men = Stars Lite
Vulture has already mentioned the practice of avoiding A-list stars when casting summer blockbusters. Long story short: they're expensive, and they're not what you're coming to see, so who needs 'em? But what struck me about the relative bargains who wound up populating X-Men: First Class is how familiar they seem. Let's take a look, shall we?
There's Rose Byrne as Agent Moira MacTaggert, looking not unlike Oscar-winner Jennifer Connelly!
Nicholas Hoult plays Beast, and bears more than a passing resemblance to two-time Oscar nominee Ethan Hawke!
Caleb Landry Jones is a scream as Banshee; is it his fault he looks not unlike Harry Potter star Rupert Grint?
And hunky Lucas Till, who plays Havoc? Hello, young Matt Damon!
The new stars: same as the old stars. But much cheaper.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- More "Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood" — Jan. 19, 2012
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Dept. of Cinematic Muses — June 22, 2011