Talk to the Invisible Hand: Che Cafe Comes Face to Face with Economic Realities
Reports the Union-Tribune: "If student and volunteer operators cannot raise enough money to pay the annual insurance premium due in the spring, UCSD's iconic Ché Café, a haven for leftist politics and counterculture, will be forced to close."
"Score one for capitalism," crowed La Jolla fat cat developer Horace Grabb, who is proposing to convert the site to an Urban Outfitters. "The American college campus, long the last reliable bastion of outright socialist thought in this country, has come to its day of reckoning. If privileged Southern California schoolkids can't support communist endeavors, really, who can?"
More like this:
- Jan Goldsmith's "Hair": "Bob Filner sexually harassed me." — July 26, 2013
- Tonight: KSDT's Ancient Alien Jamboree cancelled — Jan. 25, 2013
- Pond Scum: A Political Poem — Aug. 16, 2012
- Brain Trauma Study Forces Marines to Question Morality of War — May 17, 2012
- Che Cafe Three Day Benefit - No Age, HEALTH, XBXRX — Dec. 22, 2011