Wine Vault Bistro
Wine Vault and Bistro is one door south of Saffron, up three short levels of stairs. It opened in 2005, mainly as a wine shop, with tastings of wine and cheese. Has now expanded into regular winemaker dinners and chef’s tasting menus at amazing bargain prices for sumptuous quality. Local-sourced, seasonal delicacies; menus change constantly, with some à la carte dishes; mainly these are chef’s tasting dinners. Vast repertory of wines, including bargain finds, plus artisanal beers and ales.
NEED TO KNOW: Food easily earns four stars, but discomforts (noise, hard chairs, very slow service) detract from the experience. Reservations essential; most five-course weekend meals are sold out several days ahead. Premises up three short, well-banistered flights, with limited free parking behind Shakespeare Pub, and wheelchair access to back patio (with fireplace).
|Price range of entrées||$15 - $30|
|Occasional live music||No|
|Payment options||Accepts credit cards|
- "The experience needs to deliver" · Aug. 8, 2018
- "It's not news, but it's love" · Aug. 3, 2016
- "Old familiar ways" · Sept. 18, 2013
- "Where the Diva eats" · Sept. 4, 2013
- "Barbarella's Menu for a Perfect Night Out" · Aug. 7, 2013
- "More Bang for Your Buck on International Restaurant Row" · March 13, 2013
- "To the Cloud!" · July 6, 2011