Torrey Pines State Beach and Reserve
Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve between La Jolla and Del Mar offers beautiful ocean vistas, secluded hiking, and, of course, plenty of opportunities to see Torrey pine trees in their natural habitat. Beaches are for hiking as well as swimming and sunbathing, and for that purpose none is better in our county than the four-plus-mile stretch between Scripps Institution of Oceanography and Torrey Pines State Reserve. For most of this length, sharp cliffs rise behind the beach and hide the outside urban world's sight and sound.
- "Hike from La Jolla Shores Beach to Torrey Pines State Beach" · March 1, 2017
- "More Bang for the Buck" · May 31, 2012
- "Torrey Pines State Reserve Extension" · May 2, 2012
- "Torrey Pines Extension" · July 16, 2008
- "Walk or run the beach from La Jolla Shores to Torrey Pines reserve" · Sept. 12, 2002
- "Best Beach Hike" · Dec. 28, 2000