- 9040 Carlton Oaks Drive, Santee, CA 92071 | Directions
The lakes at Santee Lakes Regional Park were built on 190 acres by the Padre Dam Municipal Water District in the 1960s to handle the wastewater disposal issues of a growing suburban community. The way in which the problem was handled was unique and ahead of its time. What started out as a wastewater treatment facility became a series of seven man-made lakes that are clean enough and attractive enough for a public park and resort-like activities.
- "Santee Lakes catfish opener April 1 and 2" · March 29, 2017
- "'Snackle Box' on the way at Santee Lakes" · March 6, 2016
- "Big opener for Santee Lakes trout season" · Nov. 15, 2015
- "Santee Lakes Regional Park" · April 25, 2012