Rare Form Delicatessen
Beer, cocktails, and indoor bocce are some of the nondeli components of this Jewish-deli inspired restaurant from Consortium Holdings. Like most of the group’s restaurants, the décor has been dialed up to 11. This one riffs on a midcentury library with a touch of high society gentlemen’s club. The kitchen turns out cured meats, hot dogs, deli sandwiches, and pickled vegetables — mostly stuff that inspires great thirst.
- Prices: “Rare Form 44” sandwich (pastrami, braised sauerkraut, Swiss, “special sauce,” on grilled rye), $12; B(E)LT (pork belly, egg, tomato, butter lettuce, sourdough), $11; Saluminati: salami, mortadella, giardiniera (pickled veggies), olive tapenade and shaved lettuce, French roll ($10); Sicilian Fish sandwich (grilled swordfish, roasted tomatoes, chimichurri sauce, caper aioli), $10; Butcher’s Special (meats, pâtés, pickled veggies, baguette), $17; grilled-cheese sandwich, $7; knockwurst waffle sandwich, $9.
- Kitchen Hours: 11am–11pm Sunday to Thursday; 11am–12pm Friday, Saturday
- Buses: 3, 11, 901, 929
- Nearest bus stops: 10th and Island (11, 901, 929 southbound); 11th and J (11, 901, 929 northbound); 8th and Market (3)
- Trolleys: Blue Line, Orange Line
- Nearest trolley stop: Park and Market
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Monday||11 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. to 11 a.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to midnight|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to midnight|