This caterer turned food truck turned restaurant near Chicano Park signed on as part of the Mercado del Barrio development with gourmet ingredients, international influences, and a storefront facing the eastern leg of the Coronado bridge. It feels like a chunk of East Village drifted into the heart of Barrio Logan.
Prices: MishMash burger, 1/2lb beef patty, mozzarella, crunchy onions, $9.75;Clinton Burger, patty stuffed with goat cheese, over-easy egg, plus bacon, mozzarella, crunchy onions, $13; parmesan mushroom vegetarian burger, $12; 1/2lb Goober Burger (with pb&j, bacon), $12; Cheese Louise burger, $8.25; 1/3lb burger, fries, lemonade, $9.99; Medianoche Cuban sandwich (braised pork), $14; duck fat “Triple D” fries with duck confit, duck gravy, $7.50; Hangover fries (with two over-easy eggs, bacon and garlic aioli), $7.50; Chala Mata (pork shoulder, frijoles, guac, pineapple, crema, cilantro, $12; vegan tempeh tacos, $12; cranberry spinach salad, goat cheese, $9.50; “pterodactyl” wings, $10, bone-in
Buses: 901, 929
Nearest Bus Stops: Main Street and Beardsley (929); National Avenue and Beardsley (901)
Trolley: Blue Line
Nearest Trolley Stop: Barrio Logan (Harbor Drive and Cesar E Chavez Parkway)
- Monday: 3-6pm: $4 craft beer, wine, sangria. $1 off fries.
- Tuesday: 3-6pm: $4 craft beer, wine, sangria. $1 off fries.
- Wednesday: 3-6pm: $4 craft beer, wine, sangria. $1 off fries.
- Thursday: 3-6pm: $4 craft beer, wine, sangria. $1 off fries.
- Friday: 3-6pm: $4 craft beer, wine, sangria. $1 off fries.
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Monday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
- "All I can say is, lavish!" · Nov. 7, 2018
- "The most complicated of sandwiches" · Sept. 11, 2018
- "The gringos are coming!" · March 24, 2016