Desert View Tower
- In-Ko-Pah Road, Jacumba, CA 91934 | Directions
Desert View Tower in Jacumba resembles something you would see on a dusty 1920s postcard. The quirky museum and gift shop are located off Interstate 8 on In-Ko-Pah Road, near the Mexican border. Admission to the top of its 70-foot tower is a well-worth-it $4.50. A panoramic view of Imperial Valley and the Anza-Borrego Desert can be magnified when using a quarter-fed telescope. Ben Schultz, proprietor and longtime San Diego activist, is almost always on hand to answer questions. Before leaving, make sure to check out the site’s Boulder Park. Enjoy the whimsical sculptures of W.T. Ratcliffe, an out-of-work Depression-era engineer who carved into the caves and boulders surrounding the tower. The Desert View tower is open daily from 9am–5pm. Call ahead to verify.
Saturday, April 21, 9:00 a.m.
|Sunday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Monday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
- "Party at the snakes' place" · June 21, 2017
- "Boulder Park builder allegedly paid a buck a day" · May 31, 2017
- "Fun Things to Do: Backcountry" · June 10, 2015
- "Best of 2000: Best View of the Salton Sea" · Dec. 28, 2000