Oceanfront amusement park and entertainment center offers a variety of rides, attractions, action sports, restaurants, shops, and venues just steps from the surf and sand.
For nearly 90 years Belmont Park has been the home of the most recognizable and beloved symbol of Mission Beach: the Giant Dipper Rollercoaster. Riders of this old-style wooden coaster are treated to high-speed zips, twists and plunges accompanied by panoramic views of both the beach and Mission Bay. Officially designated as a National Historical Monument, the Giant Dipper is open daily.
Belmont Park is also home to The Plunge, an Olympic-size pool claiming title as the largest heated indoor pool in Southern California.
Sunday, September 15, 12:00 p.m.
- "What's on draft at Belmont Park" · July 18, 2014
- "Major projects at Mission Beach's Plunge" · March 6, 2014
- "Zip-line races soon at Mission Beach’s Belmont Park" · Jan. 17, 2014
- "Wave of support for Belmont Park" · June 15, 2011
- "Un-Sound Wave Hits Mission Beach's Belmont Park" · Dec. 1, 2010
- "Belmont Park Predicament Not Amusing" · Nov. 9, 2010
- "The Ups and Downs of Belmont Park" · Feb. 10, 1977