The Bancroft opened at the site of the defunct dive Fannie’s, and the Spring Valley spot is now a punk and hardcore haven. It’s hard not to appreciate what the Bancroft has done. In a space that looks like a scene cut from Back to the Future Part III, a handful of hardcore kids have turned a foreboding Spring Valley dive into a raucous nightlife venue and all-day (6am to 2am) pub.
Sunday, May 19, 6:00 p.m.
- "Con gusto" · July 9, 2014
- "Horse Lords: Baltimore's microtonal math kraut" · Oct. 15, 2013
- "Careful with that axe, Eugene: open jam Mondays at The Bancroft" · Sept. 14, 2013
- "Spring Valley is the new North Park" · Aug. 21, 2013
- "The Bancroft: Secret Fun Club, Innerds, and Hot Nerds" · Aug. 6, 2013