Carotid artery restraint

Chiefly excuses

Living in this area which for decades was known as “granny gulch” because the area has numerous senior housing and mobile home parks, now we have gangs, violent homeless but no police protection (“Witness calls 911 in midst of Escondido beating,” Neighborhood News, May 27). The Escondido Excuse Department does not consider this area a problem, but since the city closed Grape Day and other city parks from the homeless, they have migrated to other areas of the city. It’s well known the chief of police and the Escondido Excuse Department have adopted a “hands off” policy regarding homeless; the homeless and gangs currently run the streets of the city. Businesses and residential communities hire security, but they are powerless due to the lack of concern and response times; they rather run 11-49’s than patrol neighborhoods and shopping areas. You do see the police in this shopping mall until Starbucks closes, then it’s “your on your own." I currently have to receive my prescriptions at CVS, I carry a police grade can of chemical agent, a two-million-volt stun gun, and a combat buck knife. I should not have to arm myself just to walk the block to get my medications. The Escondido Excuse Department is more interested in “profit” than keeping the community safe. We need a new chief of police.

• Ray Carney
  • Escondido

Comments

AaronWaldron June 6, 2019 @ 11:42 a.m.

This makes Escondido sound like a scary place to live! A failing police department means that citizens have to keep themselves safe with knives two-million volt stun guns?! Oh no!

It's not at all true, though, as crime rates in the city have dropped dramatically over the last five years: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Escondidos-Crime-Rate-Drops-Sharply-Fall-in-Property-Crime-a-Major-Factor-480427513.html

That's because this dog whistling racist rally cry was written by a self-avowed "sovereign citizen" - a group that the Southern Poverty Law Center notes as having "bizarre, complex, antigovernment beliefs that are rooted in racism and anti-Semitism." You can find Ray Carney's hateful spam across local media sites like the Times Advocate, The Vista Press, and the San Diego Reader in addition to social media. It's not a new, Trumpian trend either: more than ten years ago, Ray Carney was a spokesman for the San Diego Minutemen - a nativist group whose members physically intimidated immigrants: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2007/police-investigate-activities-san-diego-minutemen

Dear editors of the San Diego Reader: perhaps you should spend a few minutes reading through these letters, lest your publication be used to spread racially-charged propaganda.

None

Jeankay June 6, 2019 @ 5:21 p.m.

It's amazing how many things you've mentioned as being "known" or "well known" just...aren't...true...

After living in Escondido for several DECADES, the only problem I see right now is that we have people like yourself living here!

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 1:48 p.m.

REALLY..... I have lived here since 1984, have you? Second, where do you live? I used to live in Fallbrook for a brief time, wrote many op-ed's for the Village News. I had a standing saying for the people in Fallbrook, Townies or Hillies, which one are you? I guess your one of those Hillies or should I say NIMBY'S. You speak and spend the time to respond but say nothing to DISPUTE my allegations, Hillary supporter? Democrat? I know but no proof. Would be nice JEANKAY to produce some EVIDENCE to DISPUTE my ALLEGATIONS. Your Schiff approach ain't cuttin it!

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:03 p.m.

Moron Education: Escondido is a lovely city, depends on where you go. If your on the east side, your in the Diablo 13 area,west side ids the West side gang, all gangs in Escondido are Hispanic. I see one of the comments came from the SPLC, I see you fired the pedophile Morris Dees and my last debate with Mark Potok landed the SPLC in disaster. Tell Mark he still owes me a Medici Pizza from Hyde Park. Nice to know the SPLC still tracks me after all these years, dudes, I'm retired. Folks the SPLC is nonsense I always say, the bet news is right outside your window,look around town people. Let me give you some examples. Lady drives home from church, driving on midway, shot dead. Another group failed to respond to police on Grand & Harding, killed in a high speed chase. Civic Center Plaza across from the Art's Center, drugs, homeless, gangs and prostitution. II actually while providing security there was almost killed by a violent tweaker, folks you let your kids go to the theater there, are you not concerned? But a new Shakey's Pizza is going up there. You want to know about the apartments in Escondido's east end? same thing. You really need to know the town you live in, honestly, comments by idiots does not solve the problems and I see many here. Educate yourselves.

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:05 p.m.

ALEX.... Remember..... The former Mayor and Waldron was one of us.

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:09 p.m.

Alex... Nativists? You MUST be a liberal. I don't believe Escondido should become "just another Barrio"Remember that op-ed 2004?

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:13 p.m.

ALEX.... Don't believe the LIBERAL NEWS, listen to a police scanner. Our crime reports resemble the menu at Alberto's. Explain to me how 34% of our population commits 86% of the crime? I'll be waiting. I'll even give you and others my email address. [email protected] Love to hear from you folks, especially the ones who thirst for the truth.

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:30 p.m.

Last Post:Since the SPLC failed throughout the years to post these factoids, I will post them now. My sister was Hispanic, now deceased, CF. My step father was black. My first wife was Jewish and my second wife is Hispanic. SPLC, good luck, don't qualify under your pussy "hate watch". Always just an American worried about his country or what's left of it.

Bye folks.

Raycarney1961 June 8, 2019 @ 2:39 p.m.

Aaron.... Your not the same one on 1200 East Grand?

AaronWaldron June 14, 2019 @ 9:10 a.m.

Ah, yeah - these are definitely the comments of a level-headed person. Nine posts in less than an hour riddled with conspiracy theories, racist tropes, ad hominem attacks and threats to dox me. Awesome.

See, San Diego Reader? This is the kind of person you let use your publication for a soap box?

Let’s Be Friends

Subscribe for local event alerts, concerts tickets, promotions and more from the San Diego Reader