Scott Marks 3 p.m., Oct. 17
Red record/red score
- At first, in that place, at all times, above the earth
- On the earth [was] an extended fog, and there the great Manito was.
- At first forever, lost in space, everywhere, the great Manito was.
- He made the extended land and the sky.
- He made the sun, the moon, the stars.
- He made them all to move evenly.
- Then the wind blew violently, and it cleared, and the water flowed off far and strong.
- And groups of islands grew newly, and there remained.
- Anew spoke the great Manito, a manito to manitos,
- To beings, mortals, souls and all,
- And ever after he was a manito to men, and their grandfather…
- All this took place of old on the earth, beyond the great tidewater, at the first.
— from Walam Olum