Marty Graham 8 a.m., June 26
- Christopher Colombus
God gave us the Indies
What more did He do for Moses or David?
- Christopher Columbus (c. 1451–1506) was an Italian explorer who is attributed with first discovering the New World and initiating its settlement by Europeans. As a way of gaining an edge in trading for Spain, Columbus persuaded the Spanish Crown to support his exploration of alternative westward routes to the Indies. Setting out in August 1492 with three ships, the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, Columbus touched the shores of the New World on October 12, 1492. He wrote many accounts of his explorations, including the one above, a series of letters about his sufferings as an explorer.
More from SDReader
- Let thy blessèd Spirit bear a part/and make up our defects with his sweet art — April 12, 2017
- Henry Constable to God the Father — March 22, 2017
- A Thanksgiving Poem — Nov. 23, 2016
- Help, lord, my hope increase — Oct. 7, 2015
- To God the Father — April 9, 2014