A scuffle ensued when police officers in La Mesa responded to a call about a fight outside an apartment on the 5600 block of Jackson Drive over the weekend, leaving both the suspect and an ...
- Proposal for newly drawn assessment district in North Park once again in the works
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews
- International military bribery scheme uncovered
- Free parking returns to Horton Plaza!
- 4th row center: A night at the Egyptian and a day at the Chinese
- Park(ing) Day: parklet preview in University Heights
- Cashner faces the minimum as Padres shut out Pirates
- Oceanside the next city to ban animal sales?
- Fake hitman testified against California rock singer
- I'm all ears
- U-T San Diego publisher routes $100,000 through state GOP
- Cafe Hue rules at waffles
News & Stories
Dick and Anna, the owners of Mariposa Ice Cream in Normal Heights, were worried. Chargers wide receiver Malcolm Floyd had just caught a pass and had his neck rammed back into his shoulders by a ...
Ma Eugenia would hear the cry every year. It was the cry of Don Miguel Gregorio Antonio Ignacio Hidalgo-Costilla y Gallaga Mandarte Villaseñor. Okay, Father Hidalgo to you and me. He gave that famous cry ...
According to tour guide Lettice Douffet, Fustian House is inaptly named. “Fustian” means “turgid,” “bombastic,” and “pretentious” speech or writing. Lettice says it’s the blandest, gloomiest, 16th century building in Britain. So she decides to ...
Paintings from Hill Young’s new series depict animal skulls surrounded by organic life. Flowers and vines spring from the wood of the panel, enclosing the bleached bones in a web of living matter. As a ...
Another move is planned for Meatball, the black bear named for his fondness for Costco meatballs. Also known as the Glendale Bear, he was transported from La Cañada Flintridge by the California Department of Fish ...
A chill ran down my spine as we passed a burnt-out fuselage that sat rusting in the front yard of a home near the exit gate of the Bocas del Toro airport (left). It made ...
This fall, punk is back with a vengeance. During New York Fashion Week, designers like Jean Paul Gaultier, Versace, and Diesel Black Gold took a Vivienne Westwood inspired detour. They bypassed prim and proper, opting ...